May 23, 2011

From mountain to sea


The best area or one of the best areas that I have had being in Geography, it was when I went with my friends to the Rock Glaciers “El Tapado” and “Llano las Liebres” in December of last year. I had the opportunity to be present at this area due to the fact that in the bus where he would travel there was no any more space, jaja so I went away with the persons who realize projects in these glaciers located near the limit with Argentina.

Thanks to this I had the opportunity to know these rocky glaciers, his landscapes, and of knowing this group of persons that from the date we take good relation, beside being able to share with some of my friends.

This experience was very good for me, since it had never ascended so highly coming up to 4800 meters of height, I only had been near 4100 meters of heights. I had the possibility of being in a left mine many years ago, which one finds to 3100 meters of height.

After this trip we were towards the "Valley of the Elqui " where we could cross and even extract fossils of a place near Paihuano, the following day we travelled in direction towards the National Park Monk Jorge, where we had the possibility of seeing the phenomenon of the "camanchaca".

Undoubtedly I was very lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment